Result Details and Comments
Users can see full details for a result by clicking on a result cell in the Chemistry Table when the "Result Details & Comments" menu button (top right) is open.
Users can also enter comments or validation directly against a single result on the same form. This is particularly important where there may be an issue with a result, or where concentrations are high.
Comments that are displayed on the Chemistry Table are displayed in the Comments Tab. Comments on the chemistry table are numbered #1, #2 etc..
The data qualifier definitions for the Validation and Final Qualifiers come from the USEPA and are:
• U The analyte was analyzed for, but was not detected above the level of the Reported sample quantitation limit.
• J The result is an estimated quantity. The associated numerical value is the approximate concentration of the analyte in the sample.
• J+ The result is an estimated quantity, but the result may be biased high.
• J- The result is an estimated quantity, but the result may be biased low.
• R The data are unusable. The sample results are rejected due to serious deficiencies in meeting Quality Control (QC) criteria. The analyte may or may not be present in the sample.
• UJ The analyte was analyzed for, but was not detected. The Reported quantitation limit is approximate and may be inaccurate or imprecise.