ESdat Lab Portal Case Study
Streamlining Results for Landfill Environmental Monitoring
The Eurofins Field Services Groundwater team conducts compliance monitoring on behalf of various Victorian Landfill operators.
New analytical results from the Eurofins lab and secondary labs were previously combined into spreadsheets containing historical data. This process was a time consuming, labour intensive process. Uncontrolled, 'hand-me-down' spreadsheets can also introduce or hide critical errors.
Eurofins has adopted the ESdat Lab Portal to replace the historic spreadsheets in order to increase efficiency and accuracy of data management and to provide an intuitive interface for Landfill clients to access historical and ongoing laboratory and field results.
The ESdat Lab Portal is specifically for laboratories to upload data so users can view it through ESdat Online. ESdat Online allows production of result tables, time series graphs, maps and comparison against regulatory licence conditions. Data can be rapidly filtered across date ranges and locations to focus on specific data of interest. Lab and field quality control validation tools allow users to confirm the suitability of the data for interpretation.
Being web-based, Eurofins and their clients can log in and view data at any time, removing the need to share spreadsheets or track who has which version.
The ESdat Lab Portal allows laboratories to:
- view laboratory reports that have been uploaded for each client
- view the lab report status (approved or rejected), and
- purchase laboratory reports on behalf of the client for use in ESdat Online
Adopting ESdat Online and the ESdat Lab Portal has provided tangible benefits to Eurofins and their clients, including:
- Streamlined lab report management across multiple clients
- Efficient & accurate processing & reporting of field & lab data
- Rapid interpretation of data & identification of compliance breeches
- Hassle free data-sharing amongst stakeholders